|Systems Engineer - Geocoding|
We are looking for technically skilled professionals who are creative problem solvers, who can help us improve the quality of the NAVTEQ Map products via batch updates from external data sources.
- Examine and compare third party Map data sources with the NAVTEQ Map database using Oracle SQL scripts and internal NAVTEQ Map tools.
- Create transaction files for batch update programs. Directly communicate and work with non-technical end users to iteratively improve and explain geocoding results.
- Participate in new tool development and/or improvements to existing tools.
- Bachelor Degree (Geography or Software Engineering are an advantage) – or equivalent work experience;
- At least 3 years experience with SQL programming in an Oracle environment. Experience with text functions is mandatory. PL/SQL programming experience would be an advantage;
- Hands-on technical knowledge of: executing scripts and applications through SQLPLUS, TOAD (or other developer tools), SQLLDR and MS-DOS Command Prompt;
- Ability to communicate technical details to business users. Ability to communicate business use cases to technical teams;
- GIS knowledge, Java programming knowledge and previous geocoding experience are an advantage;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Strong proficiency in the English language (written and verbal);
- Command of a second language highly desirable (Middle Eastern or Asian/Pacific language preferred);
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite is required;
- Readiness to travel 10%;